Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cooking Fail


I busted out the dough hook and fired up the old Kitchenaid over the weekend to try RR's recipe for bavarian pretzels. It started with so much hope, so much promise. I assembled all my ingredients and preheated the oven. All went well until I needed to shape the dough into long ropes. I dug the dough out of the bowl and it was like glue. There was no way it was going to roll into nice, smooth ropes. I formed it the best I could and then dunked it in a bath of water and baking soda, per the recipe. Ugh - they got even gloopier and less easy to handle. Into the over they went, shaped more like breast cancer awareness ribbons than a pretzel.

Sorry, no after photos. Too embarrassing. I will attempt again, once the trauma of this yeast-related disaster passes.

No comments: