Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Office Design on a Dime

I'm tweaking my home office (read: extra bedroom where I watch Bravo and read blogs). Why? Why not? I Craigslisted a few pieces I had grown out of to make room for some new items. To commemerate the occasion, behold my first mood board!!

Let's walk through the plan. I already own the lamp, poster, drum light, loveseat, (a similar) rug and the parsons bookcase is on the way. I might replace my cheapo IKEA desk with their DOCKSTA table and add a bamboo chair. The loveseat's a richer, deeper green and a slightly different style but overall similar to the one pictured. 

I refuse to pay silly prices for drapes so I scouted out this linen-like Robert Allen fabric -- it was less than $7/yard on FABRIC.COM.  Plus free shipping and a 15% code, I'll have four 96" no-sew panels for about $35 total.

My creation
To do:
Make panels x 4
Reframe poster with mat
Assemble bookcase when it arrives
Look for DOCKSTA on CL?
Bamboo chair on CL?

Let's do this.

No comments: