Monday, May 9, 2011

Raleigh Fabric Stores

I've been on the hunt for a good localish source for home decor fabrics at decent prices for some time. Here in the rich land of textiles, ironically, there aren't a whole lot. I hear tell of an awesome place near Charlotte, and there's an outlet off 40 near Burlington, NC I haven't had a chance to check those out yet.

Closer afield here in the Triangle, I found Mill Outlet Village. I'm not sure it's really an "outlet", it's pretty nice inside and well organized and merchandised. Fabrics are categorized into upholstery, drapery and they carry foam, accessories and lots of trims, too.

Most drapery fabrics were in the $15-$25 range with a few over $40/yard. They do have a small clearance section as well, priced from $5-$10/yard.

I LOVED this, I think it's was around  $18/yard. The colors aren't quite right for my bedroom but maybe I'll find a use for it elsewhere.

Spring!

The middle fabric has really pretty embroidered scrolls. This comes in several other colorways, too. I think it was a little less than $40/yard, which is too rich for my blood. I need at least 6 yards for no-sew drapes.

Spring!

Trianglites and other North Carolinians, what places should I check out?

No comments: