Friday, June 24, 2011

Dropcloth Rug - A Kinda Fail

dropcloth rug
This story starts off promising enough. A big blank canvas of a drop cloth. But the seams were wavy. I proceeded to ignore that. 

dropcloth rug
I started taping off diagonal stripes 8" wide

dropcloth rug
I realized that would FOREVER so I switched my pattern up to wider stripes going the other way.  It was also about 98 degrees this day so I was running out of gas fast.


dropcloth rug

Then I painted.  I used some leftover latex paint from other projects watered down

dropcloth rug
My finished project. The paint made the fabric all wavy-like. Love the colors. But the size is really out of scale for the space. I ended up cutting it down to 9' x 9' but it's still not right. 

FAIL. 

I'm back to searching CL for a proper outdoor rug.  

No comments: